Saluki - Royal Dog of Egypt

While the rest of the world contemplates the lunacy in Egypt and its current dilemma the goings on sparked a memory from my travels. Years ago while side winding through SE Asia, my brother and I met a Middle Eastern chap that opened his home to us on the coast of Cambodia. He was a surgeon specializing in limb replacement and prosthetics...go figure. His hobby back home was coursing game with Saluki's. Being a dog man I quickly gleaned as much info as I could about this unique breed.




Considered to be one of the oldest breeds in history and capable of coursing a Gazelle these sight hounds exude grace and symmetry beyond description. As I mentioned before The Pack requires purpose of its members. This one has it. Not too mention stunning beauty.






No comments:

Post a Comment