Swiss Hot Dog Company - Vail Valley

For over thirty years Ernst and Babs Larese (and now Simone, their daughter) have been serving up the Vail Valley with the finest dogs I have ever eaten. I grew up eating his dogs from the get go spending a good deal of time in Vail at our second home and have watched the shop move from Vail to Lionshead to Avon and though each one of those locations was different, the dogs have always stayed consistent. A simple marriage of sprouts, onion, curry powder and coarse ground mustard alongside one, two or three Swiss'ies on a proper role. It is simply one of the finest sandwiches around and having Ernst whip one up is always a satisfying meal. BTW, I was on my way to the Aspen Food & Wine event for major food and wine...but this little number was all I needed.








Ernst




Nigg'a Please

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post... Is this my Greek friend?

    ReplyDelete